Friday, September 10, 2010

ROAD TRIP Part 2: Chamonix and Auxerre

Chamonix

Just when I think I found found my paradise, I find a place like Chamonix. Here is a view of Mont Blanc from our hotel balconey. We are spoiled.
This is a town for hikers, climbers, skiiers, snowboarders, white water rafters, paragliders, campers, mountain bikers... you get the picture.
The glacier

Photo 1 of 3 panorama
Photo 2 of 3
3 of 3
This river was running fast and it was very loud, and Im sure very cold also but I didnt test that one.
Walking into town.
The Arve river
A French chocolate and pastry shop.
In the center of town there are many shops, resturants and cafes. And, many tourists as well.
Where we are dinner.
I took several photos of these mountains, I just couldnt help myself.
Sisi found a friend


Auxerre
Welcome to Auxerre,
a small French town that is situated on the Yonne river in the region of Burgundy.

Waking into the center of town.


There were streets and streets of half timber/ tutor style buildings. The real ones, none of those two by fours glued to the side of the stucco... Each home/apartment was unique from another,
the photos dont do them justice.
Of of the main churches

A view of Auxerre from the Yonne river
House boats, fun!


At the local market that we stubbled upon while admiring the town.
The main church

Gothic style, they say its glothic when the ceiling looks like whale bones.
Stained glass windows



No comments: